Visiting St. George, Utah this month? Here are 10 exciting June events to enjoy while you’re here:
- 1) Utah Summer Games: June 1 to 26. This event takes place in Cedar City, but it’s well worth the 40 minute drive. Opening ceremonies take place June 16.
- 2) Tuacahn’s 2011 Broadway in the Desert: June 2 to October 20. Presenting Grease and The Little Mermaid, beneath the towering red cliffs of Padre Canyon, like you’ve never seen before.
- 3) Historic St. George LIVE: June 1 to August 31. Tours at 10 a.m. Tuesday-Saturday take you back to the beginning of Southern Utah’s history. Includes free ticket to Sand Hollow Aquatic Center. Call 435-627-4510 for more information.
- 4) O.C. Tanner Concert Series: June 11, 17 and 18. Enjoy an evening of amazing music and talent with the Salt Lake Choral Artists community choir and the St. George Contemporary Dancers.
- 5) Kerry Christensen: June 13. Part of the free 2011 Concerts in the Park series, Kerry Christensen will be performing alpine/western yodeling at Vernon Worthen Park at 7:30 p.m.
- 6) Groovefest American Music Festival: June 22 to 26. Another event in Cedar City, but you’ll be glad you made the drive.
- 7) Father’s Day Concert: June 19. Presented by The Master Singers at 7 p.m. at the Heritage Center. Free.
- 8) Utah Shakespeare Festival: June 23 to Sept. 3. Six classic plays presented in Cedar City, celebrating 50 years. Tickets $22-$71.
- 9) 10th Annual Cedar City Arts Festival: June 24 to 25. Held at the Main Street Park in Cedar City. Free. Call 435-865-8420.
- 10) Gunlock Rodeo: June 30 to July 2. This annual old-fashioned hometown rodeo will take place in Gunlock, northwest of St. George. Call 435-574-2415 for more information.
Stay tuned for some amazing activities coming in July…